Sunday, 27 May 2012

The Project title changed to BEING

After two shots and discussing with my friends about the on-going project I am working on currently, I found that I was overly into the idea of 'love' and 'in love'. I did some investigation in to current scientific research on 'love' and more crazily I even tried to measure the unmeasurable feelings of 'love'. I also questioned myself - maybe the quote in the original title was trying too hard to play with the words.

I went to a talk last week, it was a talk by one of my favorite photographers - Edward Burtynsky, at the newly reestablished building of The Photographer Gallery. He names his works super simply: Oil, Water, China and Mine etc., but I found there was so much addressed meaning behind these simple words.

I had a chat with my auntie Moni, she told me what one of her friends, who now is a nun, had once told her about "a simplified way to explain the relationship". The nun said that the relationship has three stages 'in love', 'love' and 'being'. Through my still pictures and the slow process of photographing by the 4x5 large format camera, I can't really catch the feelings of 'in love' and 'love', but I can really capture the moment that the couples being together with each other.

Therefore I decided that I would change my project title to BEING.

1 comment:

  1. This is very beautifully conceived and yes, "being" is more easily captured in 'stills'.

    ReplyDelete